Looking for Work? Contently Has an Opening for Ad Tech WritersBy Dillon Baker January 6th, 2016
In the name of helping freelancers find work, we’re now occasionally post gig openings at Contently, our parent company. Contently works with brand clients to help them create content marketing—basically editorial work, except for a brand instead of a publisher. A good example is Red Bulletin, Red Bull’s popular extreme sports magazine.
The hope is that everyone benefits: You, our readers, will be first in line for high-paying jobs, and Contently can draw from a wide, high-quality base of freelancers.
This week, we’re looking for writers who specialize in advertisement technology to write for our clients. In particular, we’re looking for folks based in the U.S., and those with a speciality in video advertising/marketing tech.
The pay is competitive, and there’s a few different formats clients are looking for:
- Blog posts (300–500 words) will pay $350–$450
- Articles (400–700 words) will pay $525–$575
- Reported articles and white papers will pay $1.50/word
If you haven’t worked with Contently before, here’s the basic gist:
- Our platform pays you instantly upon submission; in other words, no waiting around for checks.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- The clients are all major companies in the ad-tech industry, and should be good additions to your bylines.
And if you’re interested in the gig, here’s how you should apply:
1. Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
2. Upload your best ad-tech and other related clips.
3. Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our talent team for evaluation. You can also fill out the embedded form at the bottom of this post.
Feel free to send this posting to any of your fellow freelancers who may be interested.