Looking for Work? Contently Has Openings for Education WritersBy Dillon Baker October 26th, 2016
In the name of helping freelancers find work, we’re now occasionally posting gig openings at Contently, our parent company. Contently works with brand clients to help them create content marketing—basically editorial work, except for a brand instead of a publisher. A good example is The Red Bulletin, Red Bull’s popular extreme sports magazine.
The hope is that everyone benefits: You, our readers, will be first in line for high-paying jobs, and Contently can draw from a wide, high-quality base of freelancers.
This month, we’re looking for writers with education expertise. We need a diverse pool of freelance writers who are able to immerse themselves in research reports related to education and educational assessment. These contributors need to have enough insight and experience covering education to make meaningful connections to important policy debates and trends in the field. The coverage our clients are looking for is primarily geared towards education decision makers like state departments of education, not students or faculty.
Specifically, expertise in one or more of the following categories is needed:
- Educational assessment
- Education policy
- Game-based assessment
- New tools for students with disabilities
- Skills teachers need
- Improving teaching and learning
Clips in one or more of the following publications are highly desired:
- Chronicle of Higher Education
The pay is competitive, and there are a couple of different formats clients are looking for:
- Blog post/lists (max 700 words) will pay $425.00
- Articles (700+ words) will pay $850.00
- Reported features, using secondary sources but focusing on primary sources including profiles, interviews, and some research will pay $1,360.00
If you haven’t worked with Contently before, here’s the basic gist:
- Our platform pays you instantly upon submission; in other words, no waiting around for checks.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are all major brands, and should be good additions to your portfolios.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our talent team for evaluation.
You can also fill out the embedded form at the bottom of this post.