Looking for Work? Contently Has Openings for Writers With Expertise in the Asian Financial IndustryBy Dillon Baker May 24th, 2017
In the name of helping freelancers find work, The Freelancer occasionally posts gig openings at Contently. Contently works with brand clients to help them create content marketing—basically editorial work, except for a brand instead of a publisher. A good example is The Red Bulletin, Red Bull’s popular extreme sports magazine.
The hope is that everyone benefits: You, our readers, will be first in line for high-paying jobs, and Contently can draw from a wide, high-quality base of freelancers.
This month, we’re looking for English-language writers with expertise in the Asian financial industry.
Maybe you’ve reported on Chinese international investments. Or maybe you’ve analyzed trends in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Perhaps you’ve written layman’s translations of Indonesian tax policy. In any case, you’re savvy with how money moves in Asia, and you can translate that knowledge into interesting, engaging stories.
Clips in one or more of the following publications are highly desired:
- The Financial Times
- The Economist
- Barron’s Asia
Pay is competitive for all formats:
- Articles (300-700 words) pay $380-$630
- Reported stories (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890
- Multi-source stories (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400
- White Papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word
If you haven’t worked with Contently before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform pays you instantly upon submission. In other words, no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our process and expectations.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are all major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our talent team for evaluation via this form: