Contently Is Looking for Canadian Finance WritersBy Dillon Baker June 29th, 2017
In the name of helping freelancers find work, The Freelancer occasionally posts gig openings at Contently. Contently works with brand clients to help them create content marketing—basically editorial work, except for a brand instead of a publisher. A good example is The Red Bulletin, Red Bull’s popular extreme sports magazine.
The hope is that everyone benefits: You, our readers, will be first in line for high-paying jobs, and Contently can draw from a wide, high-quality base of freelancers.
This month, we’re looking for Canadian journalists with expertise in personal finance, insurance, and banking.
Do you know how to explain the best mortgage options for a middle-income Ontario family? How about the impact of crude oil prices on the Canadian dollar? Maybe you can offer advice on selecting a financial advisor to plan for an early retirement. In other words, you speak the language of the loonie and can translate your knowledge into engaging pieces for both consumers and businesses.
Bylines in one or more of the following publications are highly desired:
- Advisor’s Edge
- Financial Post
- The Globe and Mail
- Bloomberg, Canadian Edition
Pay is competitive for all formats:
- Articles with secondary sources (300-700 words) pay $380-$630 USD
- Reported stories with primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890 USD
- Multi-source stories with 3+ primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400 USD
- White papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word USD
If you haven’t worked with Contently before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform pays you instantly upon submission. In other words, no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our process and expectations.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are all major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our talent team for evaluation via this form: