Contently’s Clients Are Looking for Finance Writers in QuebecBy Dillon Baker January 14th, 2018
In the name of connecting freelancers to our clients, we publish information about the kinds of freelancers our clients are looking for. Contently helps top brands create and manage content. As part of that mission, we connect our clients to high-quality writers, designers, photographers, and videographers who can help them realize their marketing needs through beautiful content.
The hope is that everyone benefits: You, our readers, will be first in line for high-paying client work, and Contently can draw from a wide, high-quality base of freelancers to service our clients.
This week, our clients are looking for French-Canadian writers. French-speaking is needed most, but bi-lingual is best; English-speaking writers should also feel free to apply. Expertise in one or many of the following categories is required:
- Institutional finance
- Small business
- Economic trends
- Mortgages, renovations, loans (and the Quebec real estate marketing generally)
- Personal banking
Clips in one or many of the following publications are highly desired:
- La Presse
- Les Affaires
- Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph
- Canadian Business
Pay is determined by clients, but generally falls into the following ranges:
- Articles with secondary sources (300-700 words) pay $380-$630 USD
- Reported stories with primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890 USD
- Multi-source stories with 3+ primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400 USD
- White papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word USD
If you haven’t worked with Contently’s platform or our clients before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform allows clients to pay you instantly upon submission. In other words, no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our platform.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are all major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
1. Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
2. Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our talent team for evaluation. You can also fill out the embedded form at the bottom of this post.