Contently’s Clients Are Looking for Automotive WritersBy Colton Cox May 16th, 2018
Contently helps brands create and manage content. As part of that mission, we connect our clients to skilled freelancers who can help them. We periodically post information about new freelance opportunities on this site. If this posting interests you and fits your skills, please apply at the bottom of the page.
Our clients are looking for automotive journalists with expertise in car maintenance, emerging auto trends, and aftermarket sales.
Can you list off the best compact sedans for long-distance commuters? Or maybe you’re more familiar with EMC filter installation for hybrid and electric vehicles. You might even have some predictions for growth in aftermarket rear spoiler sales. In any case, you’re an auto expert who can channel your knowledge into engaging content—for the driver, the shop owner, or the executive.
Bylines in one or more of the following publications are highly desired:
- Automotive News
- Car and Driver
- Digital Dealer
- Motor Trend
Clients determine the pay, but rates generally fall into the following ranges:
- Articles with secondary sources (300-700 words) pay $380-$630 USD
- Reported stories with primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890 USD
- Multi-source stories with 3+ primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400 USD
- White papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word USD
If you haven’t worked with Contently’s platform or our clients before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform allows clients to pay you instantly upon submission. So no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our platform.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our Talent team for evaluation via this form: