Contently’s Clients Are Looking for Energy and Industrial WritersBy Colton Cox May 31st, 2018
Contently helps brands create and manage content. As part of that mission, we connect our clients to skilled freelancers who can help them. We periodically post information about new freelance opportunities on this site. If this post interests you and fits your skills, please apply at the bottom of the page.
Our clients are currently looking for contributors with expertise in energy development, manufacturing, and production engineering.
Can you explain how drones could lower the cost of offshore oil and gas inspection? Maybe you can predict the impact of automation on the American production line over the next ten years. Or perhaps you know about key tax credits on wind-power installations and development. In other words, you understand the ins and outs of the industrial/energy sector and can translate that knowledge into compelling B2B content.
Bylines in one or more of the following publications are highly desired:
- Energy Digital
- Industry Week
- American Machinist
- Oil & Gas Journal
Clients determine the exact pay, but rates generally fall into the following ranges:
- Articles with secondary sources (300-700 words) pay $380-$630 USD
- Reported stories with primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $570-$890 USD
- Multi-source stories with 3+ primary sources (400-700+ words) pay $1,140-$1,400 USD
- White papers (1,000-5,000 words) pay $1.70/word USD
If you haven’t worked with Contently’s platform or our clients before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform allows clients to pay you instantly upon submission. So no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our platform.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Send your portfolio URL and a short summary about your experience to our Talent team for evaluation via this form: