Contently is looking for experienced Freelance Multimedia Project Managers to remotely oversee high-quality, strategic multimedia content for brand clients. The right candidates will have a results-driven, deadline-oriented track record, an aptitude for professional client work, experience in high-stress production environments, and a flair for creative storytelling.
This role’s primary responsibilities are to facilitate, pitch and promote multimedia content–video, photo, infographic, podcast, to name a few formats–to your Contently clients and to be a liaison between the client and the content creator(s) in Contently’s freelance talent network. In addition, you will facilitate and manage project kickoff calls, production schedules, communication, and client feedback. The ideal candidate will lend strategic insights about leveraging creative media to advance clients’ content marketing objectives. Special attention will be paid to those who have experience successfully pitching and executing fresh multimedia content ideas. Whether it be repurposing existing content into new formats or recommending new content, the ideal candidate will feel comfortable and confident bringing their perspective to the table and making content suggestions on an ongoing basis.
Contently helps clients execute a variety of custom video and photo formats. Video projects range from travel diaries to personal profiles to tailor-made shorts for social. Custom photo shoots run the gamut from exec portraits to seasonal fashion shoots. Comfort managing a wide variety of multimedia projects with minimal oversight is key.
You’ll operate remotely via the Contently platform and must have access to necessary tools (computer hardware and software, reliable phone and Internet service, and so on).
General responsibilities include:
Project Manage Video Production, Design Projects and Large-Scale Photo Shoots
- Lead kickoff calls and subsequent client/producer meetings
- Promote Contently’s multimedia offerings and provide ongoing ideation support
- Manage project timelines through the Contently platform and ensure both producers and clients meet deadlines
- Facilitate review process: distribute scripts, storyboards, and rough cuts, and distill client feedback into constructive and actionable creative notes
- Assess project scope, facilitate travel reimbursement, and address potential overages as they arise
- Consult with clients to craft and hone ideas, facilitate the contributor pitch process, and provide feedback about the relative strength of pitches
- Establish and maintain relationships with freelance photographers, videographers, and production companies
- Confirm all project requirements are clearly stated in the project brief and understood by all parties (client, creative, talent, etc.)
- Advocate for both clients and creatives while enforcing the norms and standards of Contently’s multimedia offering
- 5+ years project management experience, preferably overseeing video, photo, or other multimedia
- Experience working in a production environment, preferably at an agency, broadcast network, or production company
- Ability to manage relationships between clients and freelance creative professionals
- An understanding of the content marketing space, especially as it relates to video marketing trends online
Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly. Pay is competitive.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio (Only freelancers with Contently portfolios will be considered).
- While filling the form, please make sure to let us know which of the topics mentioned you have most experience with.
Fill out this quick application form telling us about your experience and the Creative Marketplace team will be in touch if they think you’re a good match.