Contently Is Looking for a Freelance Content AnalystBy The Freelancer October 18th, 2021
Contently connects the world’s top brands with freelance creatives and gives them the tools they need to tell incredible stories together. Occasionally on The Freelance Creative, we post about exciting new opportunities.
Are you a content strategist with a passion for analysis? Does distilling longtail keyword strategy from a sea of raw data get your blood pumping? Are skills like “finding audience insight” and “identifying key competitive opportunities” in your LinkedIn bio? If so, you might be just the freelancer if we’re looking for.
Contently’s Customer Success team is seeking a freelance content strategist to create data-driven strategic analyses across a wide range of categories (audience, competitive, SEO, and channel, to name a few). You’ll work closely with Contently’s Content Strategists and Account Managers and help develop the insights that shape our clients’ content programs.
- Work across multiple proprietary and third-party analytics platforms, including but not limited to Contently Analytics, Contently Storybook, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Brandwatch, and BuzzSumo, to pull raw data for analysis. Analysis may include any of the following:
- Clean and analyze data for patterns in production and performance metrics, like top- and bottom-performing formats, topics, keywords, channels, voice, and tone, among others.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative gap analyses across clients’ competitive sets.
- Conduct SEO research, identify keyword opportunities within clients’ competitive sets, build clusters of related keywords, and make recommendations for improving SEO hygiene.
- Build content consumption profiles of client audience segments
- Package data-driven insights into client decks in Keynote based on Contently templates.
- Sync with Contently’s Content Strategists to prepare client-facing presentation decks.
- 5+ years of content strategy or content analyst experience, specifically creating performance reports for clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Working knowledge of SEMRush, Brandwatch, and BuzzSumo
- Excel/Google Sheets whiz
- Must have access to Keynote
Rates are competitive and are determined on a project-by-project basis.
If you haven’t worked with Contently’s platform or our clients before, here’s the gist:
- Our platform allows clients to pay you instantly upon submission. In other words, no waiting around for a check or bothering with invoices.
- There’s no obligation to accept assignments.
- Before getting started with our clients, you will be fully trained on our platform.
- Our talent team and managing editors will support you throughout the process.
- Our clients are major brands that will make strong additions to your portfolio.
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply: