Contently is Looking for Freelance Project ManagersBy The Freelancer October 3rd, 2022
Attention proactive-minded, independent solution-finders: Contently is hiring freelance Project Managers and we want you to apply.
As a freelance Project Manager, you’ll help Contently customers—some of the world’s most recognizable brands—oversee and execute their content programs that drive strategic business goals. You’ll be a daily resource and partner for our customers while you successfully coordinate creating content in bulk for a blog or website.
Our freelance Project Managers know how to set projects up for success from the start, and effectively manage and coordinate accordingly throughout the production process.
General responsibilities of a Project Manager:
- Work with our Customer Success team to learn our customer’s goals and realistically scope project plans, considering client’s timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Help establish and execute an editorial calendar that aligns with customer’s content goals
- Execute day-t0-day content production and workflow
- Clearly articulate project status updates during biweekly/monthly status calls with customer and Customer Success Lead.
- Communicate with customers via the platform and email as needed
- Freelancer management: staffing writers as needed, answering questions, overseeing freelancer workloads and proactively avoiding bottlenecks, etc.
- Manage and enforce deadlines, including communicating with customers and Customer Success regarding changes in agreed-upon delivery dates
- Assist with soliciting pitches with feedback for writers as needed
- Assist with story-creation in platform and assigning writers their fees as needed
Project Managers should:
- Be proactive, organized, and pragmatic
- Be able to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary
- Know how to effectively collaborate, lead, and encourage!
- Possess discernment and composure
- Have excellent communication and budgeting skills
- Enjoy creatively solving puzzles
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of project management or content development experience
- Experience working with a remote team
We pride ourselves on the efficiency, leadership, and professionalism that our freelance Project Managers possess. Special attention will be paid to those who have experience managing creative projects and those who have experience managing website revamps.
You’ll work remotely on a freelance contract basis and must have access to necessary tools (computer hardware and software, reliable phone and Internet service, and so on).
Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly. Our Project Managers are paid a rate of $65/hour. If you’re interested, here’s how to apply: