At Contently, we’ve worked with hundreds of clients across virtually every industry. We can ideate and produce quality content, but we won’t see results unless it lands in front of the right audience(s).
Contently is hiring freelance SEO Specialists and we want you to apply!
As a freelance SEO Specialist, you’ll help Contently customers—some of the world’s most recognizable brands—build search-related strategies and perform tactics for our customers’ content. Your focus is to optimize our customers’ content for increased organic traffic, visibility, and ranking.
- Generate link-building opportunities that work towards building the customer’s trust, authority, and credibility
- Conduct keyword research
- Analyze competitors
- Perform technical SEO & on-page SEO (i.e. optimizing the individual webpage around specific keywords)
- Audit website architecture and structure to improve usability and organic rankings
- Craft compelling meta descriptions and title tags
- Optimize web pages using HTML tags, canonical tags, alt text, and more.
- Improve user accessibility and usability
Skills and Experience:
- A results-driven mindset
- An aptitude for creative thinking
- Experience in fast-paced production environments
- Technical proficiency with analyzing data, link building, etc.
- An analytical mindset–you know how to interpret data to uncover opportunities for improvement / adjusted strategy
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- An expert at understanding the ins and outs of search engines
- Up to date with the latest SEO best practices (algorithm changes, new technologies, changes in consumer behavior, etc).
- Curious and adapt to the ever changing SEO landscape
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of editorial experience
- Experience working with a remote team
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Fill out THIS form with your relevant experience and areas of expertise.
Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly via PayPal; the rate for this role is $90/hour.
If you’re a good fit, a member of our Creative Marketplace team will be in touch with next steps.