Contently Is Looking for Freelance Photo Editors with a Licensing BackgroundBy Alvaro Chocano July 7th, 2021
Contently is looking for experienced Freelance Photo Editors to remotely oversee the research and licensing of custom photos outside of stock images as well as work on editorial and commercial photo projects for branded content clients. The right candidates will have a results-driven, deadline-oriented track record, an aptitude for professional client service, experience in high-stress editorial environments, and a flair for visual storytelling.
The Freelance Photo Editor’s primary role is to manage client photo needs in collaboration with Contently Managing Editors and Program Managers. Clients look to Photo Editors for recommendations on how to complement editorial work with stock or custom photography. Duties will also include scheduling photo shoots, selecting and managing photographers, and assisting clients in selecting best images for publishing. Occasional photo editing may also be required.
You’ll operate remotely via the Contently platform and must have access to necessary tools (computer hardware and software, reliable phone and Internet service, and so on).
General responsibilities include:
Manage Photo Needs and Large-Scale Photo Shoots
- Collaborate with Managing Editor to determine how to best complement editorial work either through stock or custom photography
- Select and secure stock imagery
- Manage and schedule photo shoots and ensure both photographers and clients meet deadlines
- Review proofs, make selects and recommend best photos for publishing
- Establish and maintain relationships with freelance photographers
- Confirm all photo project requirements are clearly stated in project briefs and understood by all parties (client, creative, talent, etc.)
- On occasion, provide basic editing, retouching, and resizing work as needed
- Advocate for both clients and creatives while enforcing the norms and standards of Contently’s multimedia offering
- 5+ years photo editing experience
- Experience working in an editorial environment
- Ability to manage relationships between clients and freelance creative professionals
- Tech savvy with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, etc.)
- An understanding of the content marketing space, especially as it relates to visual marketing trends online
Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly. Our editors are typically paid a rate of $70/ hour. If you’re interested, fill out the form below: