Contently Is Looking for Freelance Editors for Institutional Banking ClientsBy Philip Garrity February 12th, 2019
Attention editorially-minded, independent solution-finders: Contently is hiring freelance managing editors for our finance vertical, and we want you to apply.
As a freelance managing editor, you’ll help Contently’s finance clients craft high-quality and engaging content that drives strategic business goals. A daily resource and partner for our clients, you’ll provide both editorial guidance and project management expertise.
Our freelance managing editors bring impressive copy and narrative chops to ensure the highest quality stories, while also wrangling contributors, managing a publishing schedule, and ensuring that each and every piece of content aligns with our clients’ marketing strategy.
With plenty of experience writing and editing for institutional banks, you understand how these firms use content to influence, engage and retain current and potential customers. You’re comfortable speaking intelligently to an audience of high-level, C-Suite decision makers and editing, assigning, and ideating content about topics pertinent to:
- Corporate and institutional banking and lending
- Treasury management
- Foreign exchange
- Liquidity management
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Debt and capital markets
- Fixed income
- Risk management
You’ll work remotely on a freelance contract basis and must have access to necessary tools (computer hardware and software, reliable phone and Internet service, and so on).
General responsibilities of a managing editor:
Manage client projects and strategy
- Participate in bi-weekly client calls and manage daily correspondence
- Suggest angles for coverage
- Establish an editorial calendar that aligns with client’s content plan
- Set deadlines and rates and adjust as necessary with client approval
- Consult with program managers to stay up to date on account milestones, or surface areas of opportunity for account enhancement
- Consult with in-house staff at Contently for contributor issues, client strategy, and project needs as necessary
- Lend insight to a monthly production report to help inform ongoing content strategy
- Request, evaluate, select, and periodically refresh the contributor team
- Train contributors on client’s content strategy and expectations
- Assign stories to appropriate contributors
- Set story prices according to the agreed-upon rate card
- Coach and provide feedback to contributors
Request pitches and initiate content requests
- Consult with clients to craft and hone story ideas, request contributor story pitches, and provide feedback
- Advise clients on relative strength of pitches as they pertain to the content plan and client’s goals
- Create story briefs aligned with content strategy; ensure briefs are actionable by contributors
- Ensure stories fulfill brief requirements and brand guidelines, including SEO keywords, images, tags, and social content
- Ensure alignment of story structure, voice, and tone with content plan
- Edit and proofread stories on sentence level (grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc.)
- Check all facts and annotations and verify sources
Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly. If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Fill out the form below with your relevant experience and areas of expertise. A member of our editorial services team will be in touch with next steps, if appropriate.