Contently Wants All-Star Social Media Editors to Join Our TeamBy The Freelancer November 19th, 2021
Are you awed by TikTok’s algorithm? Know all the ins and outs of Instagram? Invigorated by vertical video? If so, we’ve got a gig for you: Contently is hiring freelance social editors, and we want you to apply.
As a freelance social editor, you’ll help Contently’s customers—some of the world’s most recognizable brands—craft high-quality and engaging social content that drives strategic business goals. As a daily resource and partner for our customers, you’ll provide both editorial guidance and project management expertise. Compensation is billed hourly and paid monthly; the rate for this role is $60/hour.
Social editor responsibilities
Our freelance social editors use their impressive copy and narrative chops to create high-quality posts and campaigns. They work closely with freelance writers and designers, manage clients’ publishing schedules, and ensure that each and every piece of content aligns with our customers’ marketing strategy.
At Contently, we pride ourselves on the variety of subject matters our editors can cover. Right now, we’re specifically looking for editors in the lifestyle, finance, healthcare, and technology spaces.
You’ll work remotely on a freelance, contract basis and must have access to the necessary tools to do so (computer hardware and software, reliable phone and internet service, etc.).
General responsibilities of a social editor:
Design the editorial process
- Ideate and develop concepts for posts and campaigns
- Translate existing (potentially dense) content into digestible, snackable verbiage, incorporating CTAs to drive traffic/business as appropriate
- Establish and/or enforce quality and standards
- Solicit and approve/decline pitches, and provide feedback to writers
- Work alongside the managing editor to establish a social calendar that aligns with customers’ content plans and editorial calendars, and/or make recommendations for a publishing cadence for all social media platforms
- Analyze engagement metrics and identify trends in customer interactions
- Engage with customers (varies by client)
- Wrangle SEO
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends
- Edit content for grammar, spelling, tone, and voice
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics
- Write copy as needed
Manage the contributor team
- Manage the customer’s freelance contributor team, including staffing writers, answering questions, clarifying briefs, approving drafts, etc.
- Ensure compliance to the publication’s stipulated style, content strategy, editorial standards, and publishing policies
- Manage content workflow
- Manage and enforce deadlines, including communicating with customers and the Customer Success team about changes in agreed-upon delivery dates
Manage customer relationships
- Provide editorial and talent updates during bi-weekly/monthly status calls with customers and Customer Success team members
- Communicate with customers via the platform (and email as needed)
Education and experience
- 3+ years of editorial experience
- Experience working with a remote team
If you’re interested, here’s how to apply:
- Register with Contently by creating a free Contently portfolio.
- Fill out THIS form with your relevant experience and areas of expertise.
If you’re a good fit, a member of our Creative Marketplace team will be in touch with next steps.